Welcome to my blogland friends

Saturday 1 March 2014

Easter Parade at CD Sunday

Happy Sunday peeps, it's time for another CD Sunday challenge and this week it's the turn of our newest team member Wynn to choose her topic and she has chosen Easter Parade.

I don't make a lot of Easter cards but there is always someone who appreciates getting one in the post so this is my card.
This is from the Joanna Sheen cd, The Gruffies and Happy Hoppers, I have a box of shaped cards and to be honest some of the shapes aren't the best but this is ok and because of the cost of posting I've made this fairly simple and plain.  I have glued the backing paper onto the card and added some ribbon around, I have used a small round die cut to give it a bit of interest under the topper, this is one I bought from Oyster Stamps in the sale, it was a bargain and I did get some others at the same time one of which was a bird cage. i had always wanted a cage but thought I may not get enough use out of it but when I saw the sale prices I couldn't resist. Anyway back to the card to give it a bit of a lift I added some glue around the edge and then put glitter onto it, I have made a couple of bits a bit thicker than the rest but it shows more in the picture than it does on the card. 

I hope you'll join us and support Wynn's first time choosing the theme, we love to come over and visit you.

3 comments:

  1. Your card made me smile Jenny. Aren't those Gruffies adorable with their egg shaped bodies......you can imagine them wobbling along at the Easter Parade. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they cute, i like the shape of the card and your backing paper, it's a lovely Easter card,
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image - they are cute - but what are Gruffles exactly. Whatever they are they'd be welcome round my place and that card will make someone very happy this Easter.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive