Welcome to my blogland friends

Saturday 14 August 2010

Two for Saturday


I'm treating you to two cards today, I've been so busy that I've not had much time to post so am making an effort today. The first card is for a friend in work who asked for several cards to be done but this one was wanted urgently for obvious reasons.
I have never made an acceptance card before but MCS came to the rescue, the invitation had hearts on it and one of those was pink so when I found this image I didn't have to do anything to it as I thought it was perfect. I just added a bit of ribbon and some pearls then cut a couple of hearts on the cuttlebug and put them through the swiss dots embossing folder and it was done. Simple but I was pleased with it and so was my friend.
The wedding card is one I've made for one of the guys in work, he was so excited about his upcoming wedding which was so lovely to see. Once again the background was done with MCS and here I have tried out the embossing and I think it's quite effective, in fact I showed it to one of my workmates and she ran her fingers over it expecting to feel texture. The corners were cut on the cuttlebug and the image I have used several times and it's from Mo's Digital Pencil and th gems were plain but coloured with a gold coloured promarker.

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are very elegant Jenny, the MCS embossing is really effective. Love Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on both of them Jenny. You were right I did expect the card to be textured, very clever. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Jenny.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Jenny, love the MCS embossing, it is so effective
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant cards. I am impressed with the MCS embossing. Do you do masterclasses?

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive