Welcome to my blogland friends

Saturday 20 March 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge #10


The challenge this week at Bah! Humbug! is vintage, not one of my favourite looks but thought I'd give it a go. The image is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas, it seemed a little dull once it was printed so I decided to layer it onto red silk mirri to give it a bit of a lift, basically I just added a few flowers which I coloured with promarkers as they were white to start with and embossed a few lines around the edge and I'm done.

At this rate my friends will be getting christmas cards for their birthdays as it feels like it's all I'm making at the moment but it will be worth it at the end of the year when I'm not panicking again.

6 comments:

  1. Matting your image onto red mirri card has done a wonderful job and really brings the card to life. Thanks for once again joing us over at bah! Humbug! Your support of our challenges is very much appreciated.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous vintage card Jenny.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jenny, the red mirri and flowers set that image off so well
    Just think how smug we'll be in December when everyone is panicking lol
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jenny, especially matting it onto red card and using red flowers. The image and papers are gorgeous. I do like how you have embossed around your card.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing around the edge and I agree the red mirri lifts the whole card. It's beautiful.
    Know what you mean about giving out Christmas cards for birthdays - nearly did that for Shelley last week. Bless her she said she wouldn't mind. How smug will we be come Christmas thought - I've never been this organised before.
    It will be great.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous Jenny - this is my favourite christmas CD of all but do agree that some of the images need a little bling to suit our more modern tastes - you've done that beautifully.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive